Recipe for a Forever Family: Take One Mom (formerly from the Midwest), Add One Cutie Pie (formerly from China), then slowly Stir in Two Big Drooly Dogs.
RSS

Our First Full Day

Our first day together went very well. Maeve was much calmer and definitely attached to me. My poor little girl is still greiving and will be for some time. She calls for her nanny anytime she gets upset. I'm so sad that I can't produce her nanny for her, but I know that in time that attachment will transfer to me. I'm already working my way up there.

Maeve doesn't appear ever to have had solid foods, so we are sticking to the bottle. I'm trying to introduce some easy stuff like rice, congee and bits of fruit. She likes to watch me eat, so when she grabs at that I give her a little. She did manage to figure out how to get ALL the cheerios out of the snack trap. She didn't eat them, but was fascinated by all the "new" toys she had to play with. :)

Most of the day went well. I think she only thought about her nanny when she was fussy because of hunger or needed her diaper changed. Then she was looking for the person who normally did this, missed her and was so sad. I did get some smiles and chuckles from her by the end of the day and she reaches for me if I don't have her in my arms already. Last night while walking the hallways in our new nightly routine, she was snuggled in as close as possible to me and just as content as could be. It is a slow process, but we will make it just fine.

Yesterday, I finally looked around at all the other babies and it amazes me the different personalities each of them have. All are about the same age and many from the same orphanage, but that is where the similarities end. Some are timid, barely willing to look up at their new parents, others are shreiking with laughter already. Some are little barrels, eating anything in sight and others are the finickiest of eaters. All are just amazing!

Here are some pictures. Dad has most of the day's pictures on his camera, so this is just of mine. "Baby behind Bars". :) Actually, these are the pictures I took when I layed her down for her nap and later at night when I layed her down to go to bed. She likes to play with her toys for a few minutes first, then settle in.



2 comments:

Christi and Abbey said...

Her hair is so nice and fluffy! She's already changed so much since her referral pictures. I'm with you thinking that the grieving is good.

Christi and Abbey said...

That one with her bottom up and sucking on those middle fingers is so cute! Abbey sucked on those fingers too : )

Site Visits