Recipe for a Forever Family: Take One Mom (formerly from the Midwest), Add One Cutie Pie (formerly from China), then slowly Stir in Two Big Drooly Dogs.
RSS

Miracles do happen!

Okay, the title is slightly tongue in cheek, but last night was very surprising.

We had a very full day yesterday. In the morning we joined a crowd of hikers/walkers in the inaugural walk of a local trail that just opened. It was an easy four miles (although one of us slept for two miles). After that we spent most of the day at home catching up on some chores (again one of us took a two hour nap). Even with the day's activiities, Maeve & I decided to join the local astronomy club in some star gazing in the evening (open to the public function.) After which we still had time to stop at Target and grab a bite to eat. Needless to say, I arrived home 30 minutes past Maeve's bedtime with a wide awake baby. (Bad Mommy!)

At this point I feared the worst. Bedtime is bedtime, so I proceeded withour bedtime ritual and 15 minutes later was gently placing her in her crib. I was steeled for the crying and screaming...when it happened! Maeve had been fine throughout everything, softly cooing and playing with anything near while I changed her and put her PJs on, now she looked at me, smiled and rolled over to go to sleep...just like that. No tears, no sobs, no muss and no fuss. I am still in shock, thankful, but in shock.

0 comments:

Site Visits