Recipe for a Forever Family: Take One Mom (formerly from the Midwest), Add One Cutie Pie (formerly from China), then slowly Stir in Two Big Drooly Dogs.
RSS

Baby Sign Class

Today was a very good day! After a quick trip to introduce her to some of my friends, we headed off to our first Baby Sign class. What a success! Although Maeve completely ignored the signing going on around her, she had a blast in class. The instructor had brought and dumped out so many toys that I lost count, then there was the fact that two of the other babies are the same age as her, not to mention all the singing and music in the class. Maeve played, bobbed with the music and constantly checked the other kids out, eventually going over to one of the other little girls and sitting next to her. She even played with some of the kid's spoons that were laying out (temporarily forgetting they are her archenemy within this universe.) Maeve had so much fun that we can not wait for our next class next week.

We also stopped by the local YMCA to check out what they had to offer. Starting next month they have "Mommy & Baby" swimming and also Baby Gymtime. I will probably sign up for one or both of these courses as well, depending on how she is progressing.

Later in the day we went out for a walk in our stroller with Grandma. That was fun too, although in the picture Maeve is giving me the eye because I do not have her in the baby carrier (her preference.) She is making strides sleeping through the night, still waking up, but for shorter and shorter periods. Tonight I had to go into work for a late meeting and left her with Grandma with strict instructions that bedtime was 9pm. Well...at 10:30pm when I walked in the door guess who was still up and wide awake?! Grandma determined since it was her last night with her for awhile (they fly home tomorrow) that she was using "Grandma's perogative" and keeping her up. How could I be mad when I saw the look of pure happiness light up Maeve's face when she turned and saw me come through the kitchen? Grandma & Mom were both happy. Although, Maeve wasn't happy for long when I put her to bed 10 minutes later. ;)

0 comments:

Site Visits