Recipe for a Forever Family: Take One Mom (formerly from the Midwest), Add One Cutie Pie (formerly from China), then slowly Stir in Two Big Drooly Dogs.
RSS

Our First Day Home

I awoke early this morning with a list of things to accomplish prior to Maeve waking up.
1) Add Maeve to my insurance
2) Make Doctor's appt (wouldn't let me do prior to her being on my insurance)
3) Ensure all necessities unpacked
4) Blow dry hair :)

The last item I haven't been able to do since she arrived as she wakes up whenever I even head over in the direction of the blow dryer. But I am happy to say, all items were completed prior to Maeve's 6am wake-up. After a bottle she was a happy little camper. We even took a walk to the local coffee shop to pick up some sweet rolls for her Grandpa. Of course everyone "oohed & aahed" over her and I was very excited to start introducing my new daughter to some of my neighbors that were out and about. I did keep it brief as I don't want to overwhelm her too much. She already has a lot to take in. This morning after she woke up, we played in her room for a bit. She kept looking around the room, not knowing what to fix her attention on first. I think she realizes it is all for her and she is just amazed. So for the next few days, I plan on keeping it low key. No visits, limited trips out of the house, aside from the doctor, store and a morning walk when it is nice and quiet outside. Later I'll introduce more things into her daily routine as she becomes more accustomed to everything.

I started this post earlier this morning and am just getting back to finish it. Maeve is working through her jet lag. It has been a struggle to keep her awake and active today to help her through it. I did let her take a morning and afternoon nap, but woke her up after a hour or so each time. She is adjusting, but it will take awhile before her internal clock is completely reset. Here are some pictures from the trip. I had Maeve in the baby carrier so much that Dad has named most of the pictures, "Laura and the back of Maeve's head". :) The last picture is of her sleeping at home in her crib.







2 comments:

jntandkid said...

great pics! and I'm glad the babyhawk is working out well(we bought one, too!) - jon

Catherine said...

welcome home! Sounds like you had a great first day home! Congrats.

Site Visits