Recipe for a Forever Family: Take One Mom (formerly from the Midwest), Add One Cutie Pie (formerly from China), then slowly Stir in Two Big Drooly Dogs.
RSS

Swim Lessons...the story continues


The picture says it all. We just finished our 3rd lesson and Maeve whimpered through half the class. Today I sat at the edge of the pool and let the swim instructors take her out on her turn. The first couple of times, Maeve cried almost the entire time, but then she settled for just an extremely unhappy look. I feel bad "forcing" her to do this, but I do know, despite herself, she is enjoying it at some level. At the end of class, I asked her to jump into the pool (into the waiting instructor's arms) just once when it was her turn and she did. Maeve then proceeded to line up twice more to jump again, so I know she liked that part. When I asked her if she had a good time, she said "Yes", but when I asked her if she wanted to go again on Thursday, Maeve said, "No Mommy. I have to say No."

It wasn't all bad. After swim class, we happily splashed around in the kiddie pool for another 30 minutes before calling it a night.

0 comments:

Site Visits