Recipe for a Forever Family: Take One Mom (formerly from the Midwest), Add One Cutie Pie (formerly from China), then slowly Stir in Two Big Drooly Dogs.
RSS

Is it time???

Quick & TRUE story about my parents. Here is what happened....

I called the morning of the "4th" to chat with everyone. Mom mentions that she showed Melissa (my SIL) the Easter video on my blog, but then goes on to say she is going to try to get my brother to show her how to make it bigger, because it is so small. She also asks me when am I going to send a new video. The rest of the conversation goes something like this...

Me: "Why do that? I sent you a link so you can view the video full size."
Mom: "You did? When did you do that?"
Me: "Right after I sent you the link to the Memorial Day video I made of Maeve."
Mom: "What?! I never saw the Memorial Day video. I never knew about that."
Me: "I sent it to Dad. Didn't he show it to you."
Mom: "To your Dad?!...(slightly muffled as she calls to Dad) Tttttooonnnny! Did Laura send you a video of Maeve for Memorial Day"
Dad: "(slightly muffled) I remember nothing. I don't know what you two are talking about. I have the right to remain silent. I don't remember."
Mom: "(talking to me now) Laura, you know your father. He doesn't remember. Here, you talk to him and give him heck."
Me: "(now talking to Dad) Dad, how could you not show Mom the video??? I don't know about this memory of yours....a little drool and it's off to the old folks home."
Dad: "I don't know what you are talking about. I am sticking to my story."
Me: "Okay Dad. I'm resending the link so you can show it to Mom. I'll call back later today to see if you received it."
Dad: "Great, because Tony (my brother) is fixing the video hook up and we can talk with video so we can see Maeve (sooooo not about me anymore.)

Later I resent the link, but something seemed fishy so I checked my old emails as well. Guess what I found from Dad on June 9th...

Laura,
I had no truoble downloading or playing your file, it was great. Send more. I am sure that with your imagination and talent "which you get from your father" you will just get better and better.
Love
Your Dad

I kept looking and found this from Mom the same day...

Laura:
You are GOOOOOOOD. I loved the video. I'm so jealous of Vern. I should be the one having fun with Maeve. Oh well, I'll just have to wait until Labor Day.
Love, Mom

Proof positive that both had seen the video (Vern is our neighbor and I have a shot of him playing with Maeve in the Memorial Day video). So, later in the day I call back for the video call armed with this new information. Everyone was laughing over this one, and I and my brothers are now questioning when it will be "time". :)

Of course, Mom with a big smile just said. "See what you have to look forward to Laura."


0 comments:

Site Visits