Recipe for a Forever Family: Take One Mom (formerly from the Midwest), Add One Cutie Pie (formerly from China), then slowly Stir in Two Big Drooly Dogs.
RSS

Baby's Revenge

Here's the back story:

As you know, Smudge (one of our dogs) passed away in May. Smudge was Maeve's biggest playmate and buddy. Those two would play for hours, usually with Maeve chasing Smudge around with a big funnoodle. When Smudge would finally tire out (& I have to point out it was always Smudge that tired out first), she would just go to her spot and lay down. Baby, our other dog, normally was laying somewhere like a lump through out all the ruckus, oblivious to it all. To say Baby is a bit on the "sedate" side is putting it mildly.

Now fast forward to present day, without Smudge, Maeve looks to Baby and tries to get her to play...all the time. Baby on the other hand, is still her normal "do I need to get a mirror to prove she is breathing" self and not much interested in rough housing with Maeve. This is okay with Maeve, because this makes Baby a sitting target. Maeve jumps on her, tries to ride her, and generally puts her through the wringer of love & doggy adoration.

I am working with Maeve on this ("Yes sweetie, I know you love Baby, but let's not break her in two to show it.) But it appears Baby in her own passive manner found an opportunity for revenge the other night....

I tucked Maeve in at 8:30pm Wednesday night, with Baby already asleep in her room (despite the "abuse" Maeve is the favorite). About 10:30pm I hear Maeve crying in the hallway. Walking out I see the problem. My daughter is half asleep and had gotten up to use the bathroom, but at some point, Baby left Maeve's room and laid down to sleep in the hallway. Or should I say sprawled out in the hallway from wall to wall (she is a big dog). A wide awake Maeve would have climbed right over her, but a half a sleep and "I gotta go" Maeve didn't know what to do and started crying...and peeing on my carpet. I quickly swooped up Maeve, jumped over the dog (who still hadn't moved), headed towards the bathroom. After cleaning her up and changing her PJs, I put Maeve back to bed. Baby then decided to get up and moved back to her spot in Maeve's room to go to sleep...but not before getting a lecture from me.

0 comments:

Site Visits