Recipe for a Forever Family: Take One Mom (formerly from the Midwest), Add One Cutie Pie (formerly from China), then slowly Stir in Two Big Drooly Dogs.
RSS

Waiting for Travel Day!

Hi Everyone,

I've started this blog to keep everyone informed on my trip to China to adopt my little girl, Xiu Fu Dai (soon to be Maeve Fu Dai). To bring you up to speed, it has been a very long process, but my daughter is well worth the wait. I started the adoption in February of 2005 with GWCA (Great Wall of China Adoption). Completed and sent my paperwork to China in September 2005. It was officially logged in (my LID date) on October 11, 2005. Then I waited, and waited and waited and waited some more.

Finally on February 1st of 2007 the referrals arrived for my LID date and I saw my beautiful baby's face for the first time. She is absolutely gorgeous!! Now I'm waiting to travel to China to get my Maeve, along with the rest of the families in my group. The good news is our adoption agency has set a tentative travel date of March 29, 2007. That means I will have Maeve by April 2nd!

Laura

0 comments:

Site Visits