Recipe for a Forever Family: Take One Mom (formerly from the Midwest), Add One Cutie Pie (formerly from China), then slowly Stir in Two Big Drooly Dogs.
RSS

8 Days to Maeve (2 days to Travel)

Everything is ready to go! I drop off the dogs tomorrow to be royally spoiled for two weeks (they might not want to come back) and plan on running a couple of last minute errands and that is it. I can hardly believe that after all of this time Maeve will be in my arms in less than 8 days!

I spoke with my parents again today and we are all ready to go. Dad has been studying the user manual for my camcorder and has informed me that "he is one with the camcorder". :) So no worries there. Mom was a little stressed this weekend when she was doublechecking the flight information and thought she found a mistake. I had an urgent message waiting for me, informing me to call her right away because she "was freaking out over here". I have never heard my calm, collected Mom ever freak out before, but it turned out everything was fine. :)

So all mindmelds with the camcorders and minor freakouts (for Mom & I) aside, we are all set to go. We leave late Wednesday night and arrive in Beijing, Friday, late morning. We lose almost a day because of the time change and travel, but I've never been happier to lose a day in my life. :) Besides we gain it all back when we fly back home and that means we will have that many more hours to spend with Maeve.

1 comments:

Michelle McDonald said...

Wishing you and your parents safe travels. So looking forward to meeting you in Beijing. And really really looking forward to meeting Maeve!!!

Site Visits