Recipe for a Forever Family: Take One Mom (formerly from the Midwest), Add One Cutie Pie (formerly from China), then slowly Stir in Two Big Drooly Dogs.
RSS

Just remembering...

I finally organized all of my pictures. I have almost 500 in my computer photo album and about 450 are from China or of Maeve since then. I kept everything, blurry shots, off center shots, even the accidental pictures taken in the hotel room of the TV. Today I thought I would post a few pictures from the China trip and then later in the weekend I plan on posting more current pictures of Maeve.

Waiting in the airport for the long flight to China. Excited, thrilled and terrified barely describe how I felt at the time.



Sound advice on the Great Wall of China. :)



Walking into my room in Chongqing it all becomes real.



The bus ride over to the Civil Affairs office. Less than a hour before I become a MOM!!



Mom & Dad are just as excited on the bus as me. They are about to become grandparents for the 6th time. Yeah!!




I see her for the first time! I know it is her immediately!! (Maeve is in the pink in the middle with her back to the camera. The nanny with the red stripes is holding her.)



Love at first sight on my part, not so much on hers.



We are so happy, she is so not. :(



Grandma gets to hold her for the first time, while I put on my baby carrier.



One last picture at the Civil Affairs Office then it is time to go. A family at last!
"Wish you have a happy life in future."

2 comments:

Abby's Mom said...

Those ar great pictures. Thank you for sharing them :)

Kristen said...

Love the pictures! It's nice to see what happens at the end of the waiting! Thanks for posting them!

Site Visits