Recipe for a Forever Family: Take One Mom (formerly from the Midwest), Add One Cutie Pie (formerly from China), then slowly Stir in Two Big Drooly Dogs.
RSS

A Lazy Sunday...


The weather was very agreeable today.  After the excitement of Saturday, we were both ready for a nice relaxing day.  Did I mention she slept in to 7am this morning.  Of course, I am now programmed to wake up at 5am, but the early morning quiet was a pleasant surprise.  

It was so nice, that when Maeve did wake up, we both dressed in shorts and t-shirts.  The clothes are size 2T and fit her for the most part, but a few brands run a bit large as we found out today.  Walking the dogs through the park, Maeve was running along side of me.  Then, all of a sudden, she came to a complete stop and hollered out, "Mommy!  Wait!!!"  Looking back, I see Maeve, about 8 feet back, with her shorts falling down around her ankles. :)  

"Mommy!  My Pants!  My Pants!", she is very indignantly shouting at me.  I am trying not to smile, and just tell her to hoist them back up.  Which she does, with a painstaking grimace that only a two year old can manage.  Then I hear, "Mommy, I coming!", as she hurries to catch up .  

Now this scene repeated about four times before we made it out of the park (& I folded over her waistline to try and keep them up).   If anyone had a video camera, I'm sure they would have made it big on "America's Funniest Home Videos".

0 comments:

Site Visits