Recipe for a Forever Family: Take One Mom (formerly from the Midwest), Add One Cutie Pie (formerly from China), then slowly Stir in Two Big Drooly Dogs.
RSS

I've been TAGGED!!

Kris, from "This Angel Child of Mine" blog, has tagged me to tell eight things about myself. Kris is a single "Mom-to-be", waiting for her own little angel from China. Her LID was February 8, 2007. I'm hoping that the referral times speed up so she and her daughter can finally meet sooner rather than later. My fingers are double crossed for you!! :)

So now for eight things about me.

1) I was in the Army. I qualified for the Army College Fund which went a long way towards financing my degree. My main reason for joining was the college fund, but I really enjoyed the experience and do not regret a second of it.
2) I love to travel, domestically and internationally. Internationally, I have been to England, Spain, Italy, Germany (before and after the wall came down), Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, China (not just my adoption trip) and a few other miscellaneous places. Ireland (yes I'm Irish) is my next destination when Maeve is a little older.
3) My favorite cousin (by a smidge) and I share the same name, not to mention that we were born in the same town about a month apart. My family tends to be challenged when it comes to picking new baby names. :)
4) I volunteer my time. I have been involved in several programs over the years, such as Junior Achievement, Adult Literacy, and my latest, Therapy Dogs. Both of my dogs are involved in Therapy dog programs for children at the local hospital. When Maeve is older I would like to join in on Habitat for Humanity project or take a "volunteer" vacation with her.
5) I have lived in each of the time zones of the continental US. (Kris - I was in Wisconsin for about a year, between Milwaukee & Madison - loved the area.)
6) I mowed my lawn for the first time ever about three weeks ago. Having always had brothers, condos or a lawn service it was never a necessity before. Now no lawn service, so I am a mowing machine.
7) I love to read and collect books. I could easily stock a small library (time for a garage sale or donation I think).
8) Before Maeve, I swore never to feed her junk food, sweets or other "bad" things. So much for that. I serve her a very balanced diet, but we have snuck a few of the "bad" things in from time to time (not to mention her Grandpa introducing her to the wonders of Barbeque potato chips - Uggh).

Now my turn to tag.

Jenny - Abby's Adoption Story (with a LID of 12/7/05 she is almost there. I can't wait to finally see Jenny's referral pictures)
http://waiting4abby.blogspot.com/
Christi - Cherry Blossom Baby (we actually started with the same agency at the same time. She brought home her wonderful daughter, Abbey, late last Fall)
http://www.cherryblossombaby.blogspot.com/

I'll leave a message on their blogs for them to share eight things too.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks for sharing, Laura! I live just south of Madison! You will love Ireland, and so will Maeve! Also, had to laugh about the lawn mowing. It's one of my least favorite chores, but I've been doing it since I was about 10 years old! ~Kris

Abby's Mom said...

I'm working on my meme now. Will post it soon :)

Christi and Abbey said...

Hi Laura,
I love reading your blog and feeling that I can have a little window into your life with Maeve. Thanks for tagging me. As you will see I am going to be sharing a lot more than 8 things in my blog. I have a lot to share that I didn't feel the freedom to tell everyone before but I am hoping my story may be an encouragement to others.
Love and hugs to you and Maeve.

Site Visits